Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Some Myers Briggs

I've taken the Myers Briggs test a couple times many years ago, but I just brushed the results off as didn't trust the results too much. I felt that if my mood had altered how I answered some of the questions, I'd get a completely different result.

Well fast forward to mid 2012. By this time, my personality and character is a lot more stable. I've been honest with myself, allowing me to understand my character and how feel in certain situations - well enough to put into words. I took the test again for the heck of it, making sure to answer the questions with my instinctual thoughts rather than deep analyses, and volia:

ISTJ.

Oh man, reading the analysis of the ISTJ personality type rustled my jimmies. I found myself nodding to every single sentence, which essentially summarized what I already knew about myself. I'll dump a brief summary here (from Wikipedia). The more elaborate description would be on the personality type portrait page (complete with relationships and family stuff, haha).

 ISTJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and theyexpend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).


ISTJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities.


preferred to feeling: ISTJs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.


 ISTJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability. 

And here are some funny bits:

ISTJs honor their relationship roles very seriously.
Usually able to communicate what's on their minds with precision
Able to dole out punishment/criticism when called for

On the other hand:

ISTJs tend to believe that they're always right (hell yeah).
Tend to get involved in win-lose conversations.
Not naturally in tune with how others are feeling.

I may recall writing a journal entry quite similar to this stuff a few months ago o.O
Well that was that. Now you can read me like a book.


Here's a song:


2 comments:

  1. Wat I found on the webs (istj vs intj)

    concrete - abstract
    traditionalist - who cares
    rule oriented - fuck the rules
    repeats what's already known-searches for a new "known"
    goes with the flow - gets out of the water
    follows the rules - makes their own rules
    literal - metaphorical
    storehouse of facts - storehouse of theories
    realistic - conceptual
    conventional - unconventional
    detail oriented - big picture oriented
    in reality - aloof
    tends do well and enjoy school - tends to dislike school's inefficiencies
    memorizes the book and reiterates - applies its words,understands the book and questions/manipulates its words

    ur like an artsy farty whiney istj, haha

    ReplyDelete