Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Not doing much of what I should


Today, there was no hot water in my apartment. Our entire family resorted to heating up water on a stove in a massive pot and using that to wash ourselves. No, not all at the same time. Of course, I missed the hot stream of water running down my naked self, but using small basins did the job quite well. In fact, we had a lot of water left. I surprised myself with how little water I needed for a full wash.

But lets talk about less trivial matters. Yesterday must have been the least productive day of my life. During the 15 hours that I was awake, I must have used roughly 40 minutes total actually preparing for my linear algebra midterm. 40 minutes. That adds up to 4% effeciency. Wow.

The thing about being 'in the mode' for studying/being productive in general is that you gradually lose it over time, and you have to push yourself into that mindset. Over and over and over; it's never always there. On the plus side, once you're in, you stay in until you finish your duties. Still, my lack of productivity yesterday still bugs me. Too many distractions with my new Windows 8 Release Candidiate OS on my laptop and behaving like a piece of poop and my brother wanting to play League with me all day.

What I'm worried about is whether or not I'll be able to handle my second year Engineering courseload effectively this September. I will be commuting - no more 15 minute walks to my home from classes :( - for just over 3 hours a day. That sucks. Plus, I need to maintain my consistent sleeping schedule of sleeping at 10:30 and walking up at 6:30. Supposing that classes end at aroud 4, I'll have 4 and a half hours of time at home before I have to enter dreamworld. I'll use up a good hour for eating dinner/taking a shower and all that jazz, and half an hour to do my random internet surfing. 3 hours to study and work on assignments per weekday...

I am not a guy who likes to rush things. I like the tortoise mentality as opposed to the rabbit one: slow and steady wins the race. Hopefully next school year doesn't drive me up the wall.

Signing off.

1 comment:

  1. that happens to me too when my dad does too much laundry and i have to wash myself in a basin but then i'm the only one who does it because i just loathe feeling dirty, and everyone else will wait a day to shower

    yes you always have to push yourself, that's what these blogs are for... jeez a rolling ball theoretically never stops but in reality there is friction amirite

    i have a suggestion. just leave the house if you can't get work done. works for me. except i like to watch dragon ball z in irving so everyone can see that i'm such a cool big girl.

    ReplyDelete