Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

muhahaha

And here is a progress report on the most amazing game that is being developed at this moment. Readers of this blog will receive a discount for the purchase of this game once it becomes huge and gets published by Microsoft Game Studios in the international game market.


There are apparently 500 lines in the code file, but that's including all the extra spaces. A good estimate on the actual lines of code would probably be in the mid 400s. This is about 3 weeks of planning, trying, and failing with my programming buddy.

Damn. That's a lot of work for not a whole lot of results.

But it feels good to have the basic framework nailed. Having the player model detect whether it's on a platform, making sure it doesn't pass through when it's velocity is too high, and allowing it to pass through in certain cases was tough to implement, especially since I didn't foresee most of the problems I would run into.

This is probably the most satisfied I've been in a loong time. When I sit on my ass to get some of this coding done, it reminds me of the times when I did the same to 3d animate. The same intense concentration, the same sense of accomplishment by the end of the work session.

Going back to my early early blog posts about me looking for real things that interest me, I think I found a practical hobby that I can really get into now. Feels good man.


Next on the to-do list: implement a grappling hook/swinging mechanic. Shit, I should've paid more attention to pendulums in physics 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment