Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Blues

Well that's that. No internship spots left, although the supervisor mentioned that I'll probably get a spot next summer if I apply. Well thanks :(

Will I have to resort to working at McDonalds now? I was honestly looking for a 'nicer' job, but with only one month available to work, I doubt that many places would want to hire me. I am considering getting some UBC food services job, which will give me a nice excuse to spend some quality quiet summer time on campus and relax before September. Any readers know of food places that are open for the rest of the summer?

On the bright side, I'll still be getting paid in cold hard cash until my tutee's summer class ends in early August, Enjoy employment while it lasts, Albert.

On a side note:

For the heck of it, I decided to record audio journals since a few weeks ago. I think everybody knows dat feel when they hear their own voice, so I wanted to get over that strange feeling as well as recognize any strange speech behaviour that I may be showing. After several recordings, I gotta say that I don't sound half as bad as I initially thought. Since I had a morbid fear of speaking in elementary school, I always held a thought that my words always came out quiet, a bit muffled and unclear, but I was able to tell what I was saying quite easily. A problem I found is that I tend to have a bunch of pauses during my talks, which I prefer over saying 'um' fillers. I can't actually talk and think at the same time, so occasionally I need brief breaks to let my brain catch up to my mouth. I hope to minimize that soon. Goal: be able to give a strong presentation without sounding goofy (ahh, the good ol' days at Toastmasters).

On another side note:

I have been watching way too much of 'The Office', to the point of not getting anything done, but I am past the point of no return. I am too invested in the characters, and I absolutely must see what is going to happen to all the romances that are going on. I told my sister that I thought Angela was the coolest character in the series, but she just brushed off my opinion saying that she was too much of a bitch.

Well, yeah. She is a stone cold bitch, but a really cool one at that. I told this to my ENFP buddy (who is supposed to help me get in touch with my emotional, human side), and combined with everything else he knows about me, he suspects that I subconsciously like to dominate girls. Wat? I don't even know how people come up with conclusions like that.

He also suspects that I'm innocent looking, but in reality I am a heartless man who is thirsty for all the power I can get my hands on, and will bring people down in order to achieve it. Hmm.



1 comment:

  1. wut u sayin i dun get it
    dwight is the best
    dwight is the best
    i saw my downstairs neighbours this morning pissing on the mailbox

    ReplyDelete