Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life update: things are looking up!

Family is not something you choose - it's something you're stuck with.

But it's sure nice to be stuck with great people.

This initial chunk will be a tribute to how cool my brother and sister are. I enjoy my quiet time during most of the day when they are in summer school. Once they walk in through the balcony windows, the party starts. We joke around, make fun of each other, give each other advice, call each other a-holes, help each other out. I find chilling with them quite calming, relaxing, and surprisingly entertaining. In a way, we are like our own little comedy show. Rarely a day passes when we all laugh our butts off rolling around on the bedroom floor.

We've been through a lot together, through a lot of tough bits especially during our elementary school days. I remember that there times when it felt that it was just us three versus the world, and we were the only ones there to support each other. Thankfully things got a bit better as we got into high school, and now everything's great.

My sister is very artsy, and brings a different take on things to the table. She doesn't like being around too many people in general, and likes to live in her own world most of the time. My brother is very practical/creative. He's designed and created several awesome things (working minecraft costume!) on numerous occasions, and also happens to be quite popular in his grade while maintaining great marks. I'm just a bit jelly. Unfortunately he tends to lose his temper frequently.

*end sibling brag. A and S, you two are the coolest!


Things could not be going much better in the summer! I finally got my first official painting assignment. Fuck yeah, employment here I come! Later this week, I will be standing outside in the sweltering heat sweating my balls off while painting and pressure washing for various clients in Richmond and in White Rock. Tough work, but I am looking forward to it. I can't shake off the feeling that I'm going to mess up on something badly though :(

Consistent cash income through tutoring (until it ends), salary through painting, teaching myself some more Java, maybe start on discrete math... great summer. Life should be simple. And enjoyable.


More things to do:

Fireworks this Saturday (?) (Caro, Jenn: what's going on with that?)
Grouse Grind every 2 weeks (on non-working days) (stop being so fat and lazy Albert)
Plan out a 3d animation skit (thinking of featuring an angry woman slapping her man)

1 comment:

  1. i sent the email check it check it check it
    my sister is probably the type that bullied me in elementary school feh thank god i'm older
    you should paint a mural lmao it'll be worth getting fired
    aren't we going to grouse grind this sunday?

    i wait on the animation

    ReplyDelete