Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cars

Starting off with a song:


^my kind of song to have playing when I'm feeling relaxed, home alone.




I've been seeing a lot of classy cars out in the streets of Richmond recently (result of summer?), so naturally it got me thinking about cars.

I'm not really sure how much I want one.

My family got by all our lives without owning a car, and we're still quite alive. We've managed to do all our shopping by bus, even though it is a pain bussing for 2 hours to get to some exotic store a world away and bussing back. My mom works conveniently near a bus stop, and we live 1 minute away from one too. Life doesn't seem so bad.

What would getting a car really do? It'd tack on insurance and gas prices. I'm not even sure what we'd use it for. My mom wouldn't use it to drive to work, as bussing is convenient enough already. I probably can't drive for shit, so I wouldn't be taking that thing to school.

I remember the reason why I wanted a car is because every other family I knew had one. It seemed like something that was supposed to be owned. All my friends got to drive one around occasionally when their parents let them, and I always thought being in a car was cool as heck. Steering wheels feel heavy and solid in the hand, and the light humming from the engine is nice to listen to. But what is a common household purchase hardly seems like a necessity.

While reading the newspaper, sometimes my mom will joke about how a nice car came out and how we should totally buy it. I used to feel a bit irked, as I thought actually owning a car would be awesome. Now, I'll just go along with the joke. I still want that Audi, but it's hardly on the top of the list. And if a girl complains that I don't have my N yet... well she's probably a spoiled hoe anyways.


Anyways, Audi R8 at $135,000 no big deal.

2 comments:

  1. lol do you have a bike?
    because i don't have a bike.
    and i can't ride one either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, u dont have ur n? wut a loser.

    ReplyDelete