Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Life's Tunes


               This post will be dedicated to my love and passion for well-produced electronic music, on time with Eric Prydz’s album release. When I mention electronic music, I’m usually referring specifically to electronic dance music.

                EDM is my primary music genre due to the fact that its songs really stir my emotions. This can happen in various ways; of course, one of the ways is by bringing out the thickest, meanest, most raw synth rips that humans are capable to producing. I don’t know exactly WHAT I’m feeling when I hear such songs, but I’m feeling something.


-Porter Robinson – Spirfire (Kill the Noise Remix)-

                I discovered this song recently. My mind was blown by the kinds of noises these producers can bring to the table.

                Of course, these songs aren’t for extended periods of listening (perhaps 2-3 times a day on max volume?) The songs that are more up my alley are would be in the progressive house area, defined my gradual build ups to great melodies. Many music noobs like to piss on these songs for being too repetitive, but they can kiss my ass and go back to their Top 40 lists. I feel that if my life had a soundtrack, it would be in the progressive house genre.


-Pryda – MSBOY-

                The complex layering... the massive build ups... followed by the calm beats... eargasm*. Of course, for the more special moments in life, songs like these would do.


-Pryda – Leja-


-Justice – DANCE-

                That is it for now. I would love to post massive lists of my favourite tunes, but then I’d tire people out. I’ve had too many people get excited over their music collection and chuck song after song into my face, really detracting from the actual listening experience. L8er.



Confession: I downloaded a Nicki Minaj song a while ago after A PARTICULAR SOMEONE posted a music video on fb. I feel ashamed to admit :(

4 comments:

  1. herp derp
    do the d-a-n-c-e
    i should be doing work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you must blog and tumblr some moar.
      Comp sci fun stuff?

      Delete
    2. I hate to interject, but M. Shen got me into that song too. For every listen I feel like I need to download 3 songs of indie or electronic music to erase the taste of mainstream.

      Delete
    3. obv indie is becoming too mainstream already
      time to listen to the all time classics

      Delete