Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Intro


           What is this blog for? I don’t know how it will turn out, but I do know what I intend for it to be: I will post things in this blog that really helps me get in touch with my non-academic side, the long-forgotten interests that I’ve had as a young kid and sort of… lost over the years.

            I am a student. Pretty much everybody else I know is a student. Everybody studies. Everybody wants a nice GPA. Everybody spends some portion of their lives studying (at least, hopefully). Recently I’ve looked at myself and thought, “What separates me from the horde?” My answer wasn’t too uplifting. I feel that from grade 12 and onwards, I’ve been diluted down. My passion for things doesn’t seem to be as strong. It’s harder to identify my real interests. Do I really enjoy this, or do I just want others to see me enjoying this. It’s hard to say that I’m feeling totally ideal at the moment.

            But let’s not get too caught up on that stuff. I’m a happy-go-lucky guy. I enjoy the small things in life – watching my brother yell at my sister for using the washroom for too long, seeing my mom get excited over some sales at Safeway, sitting in my room listening to some awesome tunes. Rarely do I feel truly down.

            Here’s just a bit of backstory.

            In my grade 11 year, I got into 3d animation. It totally grabbed me. It might sound strange to describe it as such, but I felt ALIVE producing animations. My mind would be completely absorbed in whatever animation project I had at the moment. My heart would race whenever I thought up of some ambitious idea. I would fully visualize all the awesome things I could make. Of course, it was very time consuming. A 10 second animation could take a solid 2-3 hours of hard work to create and refine. Naturally, as school became a bit more important, I cut back on my hobby time.

            Now? I haven’t touched 3ds Max in forever (actually I did animate a 3d dragon 2 weeks back, but that’s an exception rather than the rule). Maybe this hobby is a thing of the past. Maybe it’s still in me. Maybe there are other hobbies I’m more suited to. Whichever turns out to be right for me, I just want to feel alive like that; to feel my brain running at full capacity and to enjoy it.

            Till my next post, cheers!

Oh, here's a song I'm totally into at the moment. I'm an electronic junkie:


1 comment: