Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

ah shit

I was biking to Bridgeport yesterday, just minding my own business and enjoying the cool morning air, when all of a sudden my bladder felt like it was about to explode.

Ah shit. This happened last time, and it did not result in an enjoyable bus ride. My survival instincts kicked in: what are my options? There's a tree here, a bush here... there is an intersection nearby though... cars stopped by the red light will be wondering what that kid is doing over there. There's a blackberry bush there... those have thorns though.

Then I remembered that gas stations had washrooms, so I just rode my bike into one and continued on feeling fresh.

Which reminds me of some of my life philosophies:

Some things simply have a greater priority than everything else. 1) Doing number 1 and/or 2 before heading out and 2) Eating when you know you're going to get hungry. Whatever you're planning to do is just not worth it if you feel like you're going to be uncomfortable the whole time. It's probably better to go late, yes, even for exams.

Am I qualified to make such a statement? Heck yeah I am. 18 (almost 19 hell yeah!) years of life experience here with many stories of almost pissing myself and fainting from hunger.

1 comment:

  1. YOU
    STOP HAVING SO MUCH IN COMMON WITH ME
    I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT STUFF WHILE I WAS IN THE WASHROOM
    i feel so violated you've posted that in a public place ;_;

    ReplyDelete