Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

gaem update (update x2)

(newer video(s) added for the heck of it, doesn't really deserve a new blog post)

Worked on my game for a couple hours instead of working on my Math 200 problems like I should have. Well worth it though - I managed to implement my physics solution into the game using mutable variables and accumulators that I learned from the last week of CPSC 110, haha! If I was taught this sooner, making this game would have been a bit easier. In java, mutable variables were one of the first things I learned o.O




(oh fuck me, this is starting to look really fun to play! : D)

As the video description says, I need to adjust some of the constants so that the swinging motion looks more natural, but that can be left for later. I'm just happy that I finally have a working version.

On the to-do list for the game:

Make the swing shoot out faster, make it's y coordinate independent from the player, and improve the bar detection function (done)
Make a function that will detect when the character collects a star (in progress)
Update the draw function such that the background scrolls according to the x position of the player (done, whew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment